I Love New York Crochet Wall Hanging
Hey guys! I’m here at my first destination—NEW YORK! I can hardly believe it! But here I am, and I’m ready to launch my first pattern in the special travel series! In case you haven’t heard, I’m currently on vacation, going all around the East Coast to various places. I’m doing a special series of themed patterns while I’m gone, and this is the first one!
The Statue of Liberty was…amazing! We went up to the crown, walking the stairs all the way. The spiral staircase was really fun. 🙂 My legs are definitely tired…but it was so worth it!
I love traveling to see different national parks and monuments all over the country. While we are staying near D.C. and New York on this trip, I would love to visit other parks like ones near Chicago.
As you can see, this pattern is a wall hanging made from Corner to Corner Crochet. I can’t wait to put it on my wall as a memento when we get home!
Real quick, before we get to the pattern…lets talk about the yarn!I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice for my sign. I absolutely love this yarn. It’s worsted weight, but softer than a lot of other standard worsted weight yarns out there. Get some for yourself HERE.
Now to the pattern!
I Love New York Sign
By Desert Blossom Crafts
- To Pin this pattern to your Pinterest boards, click HERE.
- The PDF version of this pattern on Etsy will become available when I get home from the East Coast!
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn (or any worsted weight yarn)
- H/8 Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
- Shadow Box Frame
- This pattern is made with the C2C (corner to corner) crochet method. If you are unfamiliar with this method, here are some helpful tutorials:
How to Crochet Corner to Corner
2. Start in the bottom right corner of the color chart, where there are two number 1’s. Then work diagonally as you normally would in C2C, changing colors as indicated.Here’s the color chart; enjoy!
After you’ve finished all the crocheting, you can leave it as is, or frame it as I did. I used an 8″ by 8″ shadow box frame. All I had to do was stick it inside!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern; I had so much fun designing it! To view more of my free patterns, click here. And if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Want to follow along as I continue my trip across the East Coast? My next stop will be Philadelphia…then Washington D.C.! Don’t miss next patterns in my travel series! Click HERE to view all the patterns published in this series.
— Rachel 🙂
© 2018 All rights reserved. You may print this pattern for private use only. You may not reproduce or distribute this pattern in any way for any public or commercial use. Your finished items are yours to do with as you wish.