Hello, and welcome to Desert Blossom Crafts! My name is Rachel, and I am passionate about all things crocheting.
My mission here on the blog is give you all the resources you need to make your own handmade home and wardrobe…while also glorifying God in the process!
You can read a whole lot more about me in the paragraphs below…but in case you just want to get in touch, let’s cover that first.
Get in Touch
If you ever have questions about my posts, or need help with one of my patterns, the best way to get in touch is by email.
Simply send your note to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can! My response will not be immediate, but I do my best to respond to messages in 24 hours.
Meet the Maker
In case you haven’t met me before – hi! My name is Rachel.
I’ve always been fascinated by the thought of making something myself. When I was 9 years old, my Grandma taught me to crochet a simple chain. I never looked back after that!
When I was in my early teens, I started finding my love for designing. The more I designed, the more my inspiration grew. Eventually, I realized that I wanted to make my patterns available to the world!
I started the Desert Blossom Crafts blog when I was just 16 years old. The years since then have been a crazy journey, but I am so thankful that I can now crochet for a living!
The Mission of Desert Blossom Crafts
There are a few main topics I focus on here on the Desert Blossom Crafts blog; and each thing is something I am truly passionate about!
1. I Help Beginners Learn to Crochet Sweaters
I had a loooong journey of learning what goes into crocheting a sweater. The first garment I made was a complete disaster. I had no idea what gauge was, or how to choose the right yarn for my project.
Because this was something I struggled with, it has made me all the more excited to help other beginners avoid my mistakes!
You can find all my wearable crochet patterns here – they are designed with the beginner in mind!
I also have a FREE email challenge that will teach you everything you need to know about gauge! You can sign up for that below. So many people have taken this mini course and loved it!
Frustrated By Crochet Garments? Maybe You're Afraid to even start...
Frustrated By Crochet Garments?
Download my FREE Garment Cheat Sheets that will teach you the 5 essential components you need to understand to make great-fitting sweaters!
2. I Strive to integrate Christ with crochet!
I am a Christian and a firm believer in the Bible. There is no way I could have a platform like this and NOT use it for the glory of God!
Currently, I run yearly crochet-alongs for charities like Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child (there is one coming up soon – email me if you want details!). I have also served overseas teaching women to crochet.
Do We Have Something in Common?
Are you a Christian crocheter? Do you need help crocheting garments? I would LOVE to get to know you!
Once again, you can always email me: rachel (at) desertblossomcrafts (dot) com. Or, send me a message on social media!
Additional Places to Find ME
I have a habit of turning all my hobbies into blogs! I have two other blogs—a piano blog and recipe blog. If you are into piano or cooking like me, be sure to check out the Little Red Piano, which has lots of piano tips and music theory articles, or Ginger Divine, which has recipes for the whole family!
Latest Blog Posts
- 29 Useful & Small Crochet Projects to Try Today
- BEST Crochet Winter Scarf Patterns (All Free!)
- Free Crochet Candy Corn Pattern (2 Sizes!)
- 14 Best Crochet Christmas Garland Patterns (Free!)
- 18 Festive Christmas Crochet Blankets (Free Patterns!)
- Best Thanksgiving Crochet Patterns (Turkeys, Pumpkins, & More!)
- Sunset Lightweight Crochet Shawl Pattern (Free!)
- Modern Crochet Clothing Patterns (Ultimate List!)
- Unique Crochet Flower Coaster Pattern (Free!)
- 18 Free Crochet Potholder Patterns (Extra Thick!)
- Puff Stitch Crochet Plastic Bag Holder – Free Pattern!
- ULTIMATE Front Post Half Double Crochet Tutorial (Fphdc, Fphdc2tog, & More)
- DETAILED Bpdc Tutorial – How to Crochet Back Post Double Crochet
- 12 Amazing Red Heart Scrubby Crochet Patterns
- 24+ Two-Color Crochet Stitches and Patterns
- DETAILED Fpdc Tutorial – How to Crochet Front Post Stitches
- Ultimate List of Lacy Open Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Vs. Knit Sweaters – 5 Key Differences
- 27 Advanced Crochet Stitches You Need to Try
- FREE C2C Diagonal Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- 15 Unique Crochet Curtain Patterns
- Crochet Dice Bag – Free Pattern!
- Crochet Cross Over Stitch Tutorial – Detailed Steps!
- Blue Skies Round Crochet Dishcloth Pattern – FREE!
- Crochet Christmas Tree Garland – Free Pattern
- How Long & Wide Should a Scarf Be?
- Double Crochet Dishcloth Pattern (+Matching Scrubby!)
- Kitchen & Bath Crochet-Along—Summer 2022!
- Crochet Gifts for Mom to Make Her Feel Special
- 18+ Beautiful Crochet Skirt Patterns