Hello, and welcome to Desert Blossom Crafts! My name is Rachel, and I am passionate about all things crocheting.
My mission here on the blog is give you all the resources you need to make your own handmade home and wardrobe…while also glorifying God in the process!
You can read a whole lot more about me in the paragraphs below…but in case you just want to get in touch, let’s cover that first.
Get in Touch
If you ever have questions about my posts, or need help with one of my patterns, the best way to get in touch is by email.
Simply send your note to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can! My response will not be immediate, but I do my best to respond to messages in 24 hours.
Meet the Maker
In case you haven’t met me before – hi! My name is Rachel.
I’ve always been fascinated by the thought of making something myself. When I was 9 years old, my Grandma taught me to crochet a simple chain. I never looked back after that!
When I was in my early teens, I started finding my love for designing. The more I designed, the more my inspiration grew. Eventually, I realized that I wanted to make my patterns available to the world!
I started the Desert Blossom Crafts blog when I was just 16 years old. The years since then have been a crazy journey, but I am so thankful that I can now crochet for a living!
The Mission of Desert Blossom Crafts
There are a few main topics I focus on here on the Desert Blossom Crafts blog; and each thing is something I am truly passionate about!
1. I Help Beginners Learn to Crochet Sweaters
I had a loooong journey of learning what goes into crocheting a sweater. The first garment I made was a complete disaster. I had no idea what gauge was, or how to choose the right yarn for my project.
Because this was something I struggled with, it has made me all the more excited to help other beginners avoid my mistakes!
You can find all my wearable crochet patterns here – they are designed with the beginner in mind!
I also have a FREE email challenge that will teach you everything you need to know about gauge! You can sign up for that below. So many people have taken this mini course and loved it!
Frustrated By Crochet Garments? Maybe You're Afraid to even start...
Frustrated By Crochet Garments?
Download my FREE Garment Cheat Sheets that will teach you the 5 essential components you need to understand to make great-fitting sweaters!
2. I Strive to integrate Christ with crochet!
I am a Christian and a firm believer in the Bible. There is no way I could have a platform like this and NOT use it for the glory of God!
Currently, I run yearly crochet-alongs for charities like Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child (there is one coming up soon – email me if you want details!). I have also served overseas teaching women to crochet.
Do We Have Something in Common?
Are you a Christian crocheter? Do you need help crocheting garments? I would LOVE to get to know you!
Once again, you can always email me: rachel (at) desertblossomcrafts (dot) com. Or, send me a message on social media!
Additional Places to Find ME
I have a habit of turning all my hobbies into blogs! I have two other blogs—a piano blog and recipe blog. If you are into piano or cooking like me, be sure to check out the Little Red Piano, which has lots of piano tips and music theory articles, or Ginger Divine, which has recipes for the whole family!
Latest Blog Posts
- 18 Free Crochet Christmas Pillow Patterns
- Best Free Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt Patterns
- 10 Unique Crochet Stitches for Chunky Yarn
- Ultimate List of Free Crochet Keychain Patterns
- Best Crochet Gnome Patterns (Free and Paid!)
- Best Mosaic Crochet Patterns + Techniques and Resources
- Romantic Crochet Lace Shawl Patterns (Ultimate List)
- 23 Modern Crochet Sunflower Patterns
- Free Crochet Scarf Patterns Using Chunky Yarn
- Best Crochet Dinosaur Patterns (Ami, Hats & More!)
- Aurora Super Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern (Free!)
- 15+ Adorable Free Crochet Owl Patterns
- Elsie the Amigurumi Crochet Elephant Pattern (Free!)
- Walter the Amigurumi Whale Crochet Pattern (Free!)
- Kaley the Amigurumi Koala Crochet Pattern (Free!)
- Dolly the Amigurumi Deer Crochet Pattern (Free)
- Paige The Panda Crochet Pattern (FREE!)
- Piper The Penguin Crochet Pattern (Free!)
- Hannah the Hippo Crochet Pattern (Free!)
- 1 Hour Easy Crochet Bowl Cozy (Free Pattern)
- Ultimate List of FREE Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Levi the Lion Crochet Pattern (FREE!)
- Free Crochet Easter Basket Pattern (2 Sizes!)
- Giana The Giraffe Crochet Pattern (FREE!)
- Chloe the Cat Crochet Pattern (FREE!)
- Ultimate List of FREE Crochet Coaster Patterns
- Douglas the Dog Crochet Pattern (Free!)
- Best FREE Crochet Table Runner Patterns
- Ultimate List of Round Crochet Patterns
- INVISIBLE DECREASE: Crochet Tutorial for Amigurumi