Hello, and welcome to Desert Blossom Crafts! My name is Rachel, and I am passionate about all things crocheting.
My mission here on the blog is give you all the resources you need to make your own handmade home and wardrobe…while also glorifying God in the process!
You can read a whole lot more about me in the paragraphs below…but in case you just want to get in touch, let’s cover that first.
Get in Touch
If you ever have questions about my posts, or need help with one of my patterns, the best way to get in touch is by email.
Simply send your note to [email protected] and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can! My response will not be immediate, but I do my best to respond to messages in 24 hours.
Meet the Maker
In case you haven’t met me before – hi! My name is Rachel.
I’ve always been fascinated by the thought of making something myself. When I was 9 years old, my Grandma taught me to crochet a simple chain. I never looked back after that!
When I was in my early teens, I started finding my love for designing. The more I designed, the more my inspiration grew. Eventually, I realized that I wanted to make my patterns available to the world!
I startedthe Desert Blossom Crafts blog when I was just 16 years old. The years since then have been a crazy journey, but I am so thankful that I can now crochet for a living!
The Mission of Desert Blossom Crafts
There are a few main topics I focus on here on the Desert Blossom Crafts blog; and each thing is something I am truly passionate about!
1. I Help Beginners Learn to Crochet Sweaters
I had a loooong journey of learning what goes into crocheting a sweater. The first garment I made was a complete disaster. I had no idea what gauge was, or how to choose the right yarn for my project.
Because this was something I struggled with, it has made me all the more excited to help other beginners avoid my mistakes!
You can find all my wearable crochet patterns here – they are designed with the beginner in mind!
I also have a FREE email challenge that will teach you everything you need to know about gauge! You can sign up for that below. So many people have taken this mini course and loved it!
Frustrated By Crochet Garments? Maybe You're Afraid to even start...
Frustrated By Crochet Garments?
Download my FREE Garment Cheat Sheets that will teach you the 5 essential components you need to understand to make great-fitting sweaters!
2. I Strive to integrate Christ with crochet!
I am a Christian and a firm believer in the Bible. There is no way I could have a platform like this and NOT use it for the glory of God!
Currently, I run yearly crochet-alongs for charities like Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child (there is one coming up soon – email me if you want details!). I have also served overseas teaching women to crochet.
Do We Have Something in Common?
Are you a Christian crocheter? Do you need help crocheting garments? I would LOVE to get to know you!
Once again, you can always email me: rachel (at) desertblossomcrafts (dot) com. Or, send me a message on social media!
Latest Blog Posts
- FREE Crochet Poinsettia Pattern – Christmas Flower Ornament
- FREE Red Truck Crochet Pattern – Christmas Ornament/Applique!
- Unique Crochet Wreath Ornament – Free Pattern
- Crochet Snowflake Ornament Pattern – FREE in 3 Sizes!
- Flat Christmas Tree Crochet Pattern (Free Applique!)
- 12 Days of Christmas in July – Ornament Crochet-Along!
- 20+ Crochet Top Patterns You NEED This Summer!
- Picot Stitch Tutorial 6 WAYS (+Create Your Own Picot Borders!)
- FREE Crochet Summer Cardigan Pattern in Sizes XS-3XL
- 10 Best Yarns for Scarves: Comparison and Review
- 15+ Worsted Weight Yarn Crochet Hat Patterns – All Free!
- How to Crochet The Puff Stitch – No Nonsense Tutorial (7 Loops)
- 15+ Christmas Tree Crochet Patterns – Ornaments, Garlands, and More!
- Royal Yarn Winders – 2021 Alternatives You Need to See
- Complete Guide to Lace Weight Yarn
- DRAGONFLY SHAWL – Free Bernat Pop Yarn Crochet Pattern
- Ultimate List of Crochet Lace Patterns – FREE for 2021!
- Seaside Lace Crochet Wall Hanging – FREE Pattern
- How to Make a Crochet Gauge Swatch (rows AND rounds!)
- This Crochet Row Gauge Secret will Change Your Life
- I Know You Dread Crochet Gauge – But Here’s Why You Need It
- UNIQUE Seaside Mug Rug Crochet Pattern (Free!)
- Shelby Top—Free & Easy Crochet Summer Top Pattern (2021)
- Do you need a yarn bowl? My BRUTALLY HONEST OPINION (Apr. 2021)
- How to Use Up Your Yarn Stash – 8 Ingenious Ideas for Annoying Leftovers!
- 10 Crochet Stitches for Scarves (that AREN’T sc or dc!)
- Stunning Crochet Lace Square Pattern – The Little Angel Square
- Moss Stitch Crochet Tutorial WITH DIAGRAM (and video. and lots of pictures!)
- Ultimate List of Christian Crochet Resources – Patterns, Groups, and Charities!
- Camel Stitch Crochet Tutorial with Photos and Video (looks like knitting!)