Hello, and welcome to Desert Blossom Crafts! My name is Rachel, and I am passionate about all things crocheting.
My mission here on the blog is give you all the resources you need to make your own handmade home and wardrobe…while also glorifying God in the process!
You can read a whole lot more about me in the paragraphs below…but in case you just want to get in touch, let’s cover that first.
Get in Touch
If you ever have questions about my posts, or need help with one of my patterns, the best way to get in touch is by email.
Simply send your note to [email protected] and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can! My response will not be immediate, but I do my best to respond to messages in 24 hours.
Meet the Maker
In case you haven’t met me before – hi! My name is Rachel.
I’ve always been fascinated by the thought of making something myself. When I was 9 years old, my Grandma taught me to crochet a simple chain. I never looked back after that!
When I was in my early teens, I started finding my love for designing. The more I designed, the more my inspiration grew. Eventually, I realized that I wanted to make my patterns available to the world!
I startedthe Desert Blossom Crafts blog when I was just 16 years old. The years since then have been a crazy journey, but I am so thankful that I can now crochet for a living!
The Mission of Desert Blossom Crafts
There are a few main topics I focus on here on the Desert Blossom Crafts blog; and each thing is something I am truly passionate about!
1. I Help Beginners Learn to Crochet Sweaters
I had a loooong journey of learning what goes into crocheting a sweater. The first garment I made was a complete disaster. I had no idea what gauge was, or how to choose the right yarn for my project.
Because this was something I struggled with, it has made me all the more excited to help other beginners avoid my mistakes!
You can find all my wearable crochet patterns here – they are designed with the beginner in mind!
I also have a FREE email challenge that will teach you everything you need to know about gauge! You can sign up for that below. So many people have taken this mini course and loved it!
Frustrated By Crochet Garments? Maybe You're Afraid to even start...
Frustrated By Crochet Garments?
Download my FREE Garment Cheat Sheets that will teach you the 5 essential components you need to understand to make great-fitting sweaters!
2. I Strive to integrate Christ with crochet!
I am a Christian and a firm believer in the Bible. There is no way I could have a platform like this and NOT use it for the glory of God!
Currently, I run yearly crochet-alongs for charities like Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child (there is one coming up soon – email me if you want details!). I have also served overseas teaching women to crochet.
Do We Have Something in Common?
Are you a Christian crocheter? Do you need help crocheting garments? I would LOVE to get to know you!
Once again, you can always email me: rachel (at) desertblossomcrafts (dot) com. Or, send me a message on social media!
Latest Blog Posts
- Jasmine Stitch Crochet Tutorial (all my best tips to get it RIGHT!)
- FREE Oversized Crochet Cardigan Pattern in Sizes XS-3XL
- Lemon Peel Stitch Crochet Tutorial 2 WAYS – with Photos & Video
- What Do You Call Someone Who Crochets? Crocheter Definition + Alternatives
- Star Stitch Crochet Tutorial 2 WAYS (Without Holes on the End!)
- Crunch Stitch Crochet Tutorial for Beginners (With Photos & Video!)
- Alpine Stitch Scarf: A Men’s Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 10 Masculine Crochet Stitches for Men’s Scarves & Blankets
- How to Crochet the Alpine Stitch – Free Pattern & Video Tutorial
- How to Crochet the Trinity Stitch – Free Pattern with Video
- Beautiful Crochet Coasters —Forget Me Not Lace Coasters (FREE!)
- 40 Crochet Blanket Square Patterns – The Friendship Blanket CAL
- How to Crochet the Suzette Stitch—Free Pattern with Video Tutorial
- 10 Closed Crochet Stitches PERFECT for Scarves, Blankets, or Pillows
- Adjustable Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern – Everglade Ear Warmer
- Is the Alpine Stitch a Yarn Eater? I Compared it to Simple Stitches to see!
- Crochet Cowl Pattern with Worsted Weight Yarn – Everglade Cowl
- Ultimate List of One Skein Crochet Patterns (All FREE!)
- Autumn Leaves Cowl – Free Lightweight Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Diamond Cable Bag – FREE Crochet Pattern
- 17 Tools Every Crocheter Needs (not yarn. actual tools!)
- DIY Braided Jump Rope for OCC Shoeboxes
- DK Weight Yarn: What It Is and Where To Find It
- Pencil Case Free Crochet Pattern
- Timberlane Sweater – Crochet Raglan Sweater Pattern
- Crochet Basketball Scrubbies – Free Pattern for Boys
- Cute Crochet Bow Headband—Free Pattern with Video Tutorial & Size Chart
- Crochet Face Scrubbies – Free Pattern With Video Tutorial & Printable Packaging
- Crochet for Boys – 7 Free Patterns You Need to Make
- Crochet for Girls – 8 Cute & Free Crochet Patterns